Every fisherman has a different style, likes and dislikes, a distinct fishing experience. But anglers from all over the world are tied together with the struggle of tying a fishing knot without cussing. Even the most agile fishermen have a tough time tying a fishing knot in a moving boat. It takes a ton of practice and finger dexterity to tie a fishing knot perfectly. But who has the time? Thanks to technology, we have some top-notch fishing knot tying tools in the market.
- 1 The benefits of buying a fishing knot tying tool
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 05 Top Fishing Knot Tying Tools
- 3.1 #1. HOOK-EZE Fishing Knot Tying Tool for Fishing Hooks on Fishing Poles
- 3.2 #2. TQONEP Fishing Quick Knot Tying Tool 420 Stainless Steel 4 in 1 Fly Line Clippers with Zinger Retractor Combo
- 3.3 #3. SAMSFX Fishing Quick Knot Tying Tool 3.7″ Large Size 4 in 1 Mono Line Clipper with Zinger Retractor Combo
- 3.4 #4. SAMSFX Fly Fishing Angler Accessories 4″ Magnum Knot Tying Tool and Quick Loop Tyer with Zinger Retractor Combo
- 3.5 # 5. TYEPRO Fishing Knot Tying Tool
- 4 Frequently asked questions:
- 5 Final Verdict
- 6 References
The benefits of buying a fishing knot tying tool
A faulty knot can mean losing a big fish. Such an event is undesirable. The purpose of a fishing knot tying tool is to mechanically tie a knot quickly and safely. The fishing knot tying tools are getting fancier every day. It often begs the question- Is a fishing knot tying tool essential? Tying a fishing line is tedious, fishermen usually despise having to do this tedious job.
As the old proverb goes, “Necessity is the mother of Innovation”; a fishing hook tying tool is also a result of it. There are many uses for this tool. Some of which are listed below:
Only a few events are as frustrating as losing a fish due to a wimpy mishandled knot. But with a knot tying tool, you can easily prevent such upsetting events from taking place.
Tie knots faster
The fishing knot tying tool is specifically useful when it comes to fishing professionally. Professional anglers often lack time to tie their fishing lines, and fishing knot tying devices come in very handy in this case. Even if you are not a professional fisherman, you will find this device useful as this will decrease the time you need to tie a single knot. Consequently, you will be able to enjoy the true thrill of fishing.
Lightweight and compact tool
Fishing knot tying tools are low-maintenance. These knot tying tools are lightweight; generally made of stainless steel or high-quality plastic or a mix of these. Modern fishing knot tying tools have retractors and clippers to handle and prevent losing the device.
We already know that saltwater and freshwater gears are different. But some fishing knot tying tools are suitable for both. They come in a variety of styles, uses, functionality, etc. You can choose your devices according to your needs.
You need to make sure that you get a tool with different kinds of hooks and lures. It will enable you to tie all types of knots with only one device.
We can conclude that fishing knot tying devices are useful and efficient.
With so many options and so many variations of the tool in the market, it is only natural that you get confused as to which knot tying tool you need. There are some commonalities in every single knot tying tools and a few differences. Fortunately, some criteria will help you choose the knotter you need:
When it comes to a tool, the main thing to take into consideration is the functionality of it. The aim of this tool is to make tying fishing knots less tedious and time consuming. So, it needs to be equipped with some built in perks or features that will be of convenience.
Budget is always a big issue to think about. It would be best if you always looked for more value with less money. Fishing knot tying tools are priced in a wide range. Some devices are too extra and come with many perks but also cost a lot. And some do the job well enough. Notice your need and how much you can afford before you are off to buy a fishing knot tying tool.
Fishing knot tying tools often have sharp edges or needles like parts that may injure you or your loved ones and cause harm to furniture and cars. You need to be especially careful when traveling with the tool. If you have children or pets, you must choose the ones with safety gear. Some fishing knot tying tools come with plastic covers and sheets.
A good knot tying tool can last for years. Look for knot tying tools made of durable material. Stainless steel and plastic knot tying devices are preferable. Check for knot tying tools that are suitable for the conditions of your fishing expeditions.
Fishing knot tying tools come in various sizes and shapes and have special qualities based on their usage. There are knot tying tools made only for freshwater or saltwater, and then there are those used in both scenarios. The grips of the tools depend on what kind of fishing you will be doing. The knot tying tools which are used in ice fishing have rubber non-slippery type grips. So there are different types of fishing knot tying tools based on what you are looking for.
If you consider these when buying a fishing knot tying tool, you will hopefully end up buying the fishing knot tools tying device you need. Many fishing knot tying devices are available in the market, but only a few offer the comfort and service you want.
In this article, we will introduce you to the best 5 fishing knot tying tools that money can buy.
05 Top Fishing Knot Tying Tools
In this article, we will introduce you to the best 5 fishing knot tying tools that money can buy.
- Weight: 0.63 Ounces
- Made from High Quality 100% Raw Virgin UV Stabilized Polypropylene and Stainless Steel fittings.
- Fits hooks sized from a Standard 4/0 hook down to the smallest hook No 28.
Add this fishing knot tool to your fishing gear, and you won’t have to worry about safety anymore. With this tool, you have the option to cover the hooks and protect yourself and your accessories. Hook-Eze is suitable for both freshwater and saltwater fishing.
Hook-Eze is very user- friendly and safe. This fishing knot tool fits a variety of hooks. After all, it is the best seller in the fly tying equipment category on amazon.
It allows you to fish in all types of weather and water bodies. From ice fishing to saltwater in the harshest of weather conditions, Hook-EZE is your friend.
1. Suitable for all weather conditions and saltwater.
2. Ensures safety
4. Fits a wide range of hook sizes.
- The plastic cover can break if mishandled.
- Comparatively costly.
#2. TQONEP Fishing Quick Knot Tying Tool 420 Stainless Steel 4 in 1 Fly Line Clippers with Zinger Retractor Combo
This product is a complete package for knot tying fishing knots. It includes 4 useful tools that will elevate your fishing experience. Anglers often find the connecting process tedious. The D-ring from its package makes the connecting process very easy and quick. With this tool in your tackle box, you will have more time to enjoy the real thrill of fishing.
TQONEP fishing knot tying tool works well for Trout-fishing. Novice fishermen will be benefited the most. There is a detailed instructions manual added with the packaging and many tutorials are available on the internet to teach beginners how to use this product.
- Fly line fast knotting tool :4-in-1 quick knot tying tool includes
- wire cutter,
- hook sharpener,
- eye cleaner,
- D-ring for easy connection.
- High quality material: Durable 420 stainless steel construction, the wire cutting head is designed with a rubber handle – Even with gloves or wet hands, the pliers remain stable.
- Retractable Zinger– Equipped with retractable reel 60CM/24in nylon cord, Net weight 16 g / piece.
- Convenient to carry around.
- Easy to use
- Cutting braided fishing lines is difficult with the wire cutter.
#3. SAMSFX Fishing Quick Knot Tying Tool 3.7″ Large Size 4 in 1 Mono Line Clipper with Zinger Retractor Combo
SAMSFX Fishing Quick Knot Tying Tool is a multi-function large line tying tool with an added advantage over others. It has a non-slip rubber grip. You will not have to worry about slipping the knotter when trying to knot a hook with wet hands or gloves. It will help you keep your hands steady and tie knots flawlessly.
Large line tying tools like this one always delivers in being suitable for harsh weather conditions. Novice anglers and people with dexterity issues can easily tie knots with this tool.
- Line cutter
- Knot tying tool
- Hook sharpener
- Hook-eye Cleaner
- Package Dimensions: 6 x 5 x 0.5 inches;
- Weight: 1.76 Ounces
- Uses high quality material
- Has a comfortable non slip rubber grip
- Suitable for freshwater and saltwater
- Some people have found its instructions to be confusing
#4. SAMSFX Fly Fishing Angler Accessories 4″ Magnum Knot Tying Tool and Quick Loop Tyer with Zinger Retractor Combo
This fishing hook tying tool is specialized for fly fishing but you can use it for every other type of fishing. You will be able to tie small loops for hair rigs, easily remove hooks from hooked fish. This product helps you tie secured nail knots.
If you hate to tie a knot with cold hands, you will find this particular fishing hook tool very handy. And this fishing knot tying tool will make the serenity and tranquility of fishing exponentially more relaxing.
With the help of this knot tying tool, you will have more time to spend fishing with your loved ones and less time on tying knots.
SAMSFX Fly Fishing Angler Accessories 4″ Magnum Knot Tying Tool is a combination of a few handy tools such as-
- Jig hook cleaner
- Hook tier
- Fast knot tying and loop tying tool
- Material: High Quantity Plastic
- Size: 140mm x 17mm, 5.5″ x 0.6″ (L x W)
- Net Weight: 3.5g / pc
- 3-in-1 Combo: Weight only 6 ounces, tools kit contains 1 x silver quick knot tool, 1 x loop tyer tool and 1 x retractor, come with paper step instructions
- EZ Tie Combo Tool: Combines line knot picker and fly knot tying tool, D-ring for easy attachment which is great for trimming line and knot tying tool
- Carabineer Style Retractor: Easy attach to fishing vests or fishing lanyards. keeps your fishing stuff always handy and never lost
- Material: One-piece stamping stainless steel knot tool, plastic loop tyer, plastic retractor with smooth and stylish black epoxy logo
- Must Have Fishing Gear: Tie your lines securely in a matter of moments and don’t worry about your knot coming undone
- Makes knot tying much easier.
- comes with paper step instructions
- high quality material
1. Some people have reported that it does not come with proper instructions.
This Knot tying tool is your friend in need. You may be a fledgling angler or a hardened fisherman with compromised vision and finger dexterity, Tyepro fishing knot tying tool will assist you in your knot tying extravaganza. Its mechanical looking accessories are all designed to make your knot-tying game strong.
The O-ring is something unique to this knot tying tool. Its purpose is to enhance your clamping force and secure a tight grip. The detachable lanyard means easy neck access. The premium quality materials make the product exceptionally sturdy and durable. All of which are necessary for fishing in dim light and on rocking boats or kayaks.
Tyepro fishing knot tying tool includes:
- Stainless steel line cutter
- Detachable lanyard
- O-ring for firm grip
- Works well in harsh conditions.
- Premium quality materials.
- Easy to use.
- Comparatively costly.
Frequently asked questions:
101Knots. 2021. List Of Different Types Of Fishing Knots & How To Tie Them. [online] Available at: <https://www.101knots.com/category/fishing-knots> [Accessed 22 January 2021].
Hook-Eze Pty Ltd. 2021. Hook-Eze Knot Tying Tool. [online] Available at: <https://hookeze.com/> [Accessed 22 January 2021].
Netknots.com. 2021. The Most Fishing Knots On The Internet, Animated And Step-By-Step Illustrated | Netknots Fishing Knots. [online] Available at: <https://www.netknots.com/fishing_knots> [Accessed 22 January 2021].
samsfxfishing. 2021. Gear Up From SAMSFX For The Fishing Trip And Enjoy Your Fishing Time. [online] Available at: <https://www.samsfxfishing.com/> [Accessed 22 January 2021].
Topnotch Innovations. 2021. Topnotch Innovations. [online] Available at: <https://tyepro.com/> [Accessed 22 January 2021].
Zobel, D., 2011. Fishing. Minneapolis, MN: Bellwether Media.